Re: [squid-users] Multiple httpd_accel_host

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2003 19:54:10 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 11 Nov 2003, Ioakim Spyros wrote:

> Is it possilbe to have more than one httpd_accel_host?

Yes, but not by using httpd_accel_host..

> I want to have a front end squid proxy that will answer requests for
> 127.0.0.1:80 (this is an apache server with 5 virtual domains) but it
> will also answer for a server @ 192.168.0.10:80 (which is IIS)

This is not really the job of httpd_accel_host. The job of
httpd_accel_host is to define the primary domain on your virtual server,
used if no Host header is present.

Selection of which server to forward the request to belongs in /etc/hosts
or cache_peer+cache_peer_access depending on your Squid version.

> Squid will also work with httpd_accel_with_proxy on and I want to enable
> transparent proxying on it.

Don't mix proxying and acceleration in the same Squid unless you are very
familiar with how to make http_access rules.

> Is the above configuration possible?

Yes.