Re: [squid-users] Error in cache.log file

From: Antony Stone <Antony@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2003 12:06:35 +0000

On Sunday 16 November 2003 11:56 am, ads squid wrote:

> Can you guide me how to creat cache directory in /usr
> partition. Also I want to transfer present cache to
> newly created cache directory.

Creating the cache directory in /usr is exactly the same as the way you
created it the first time, except you specify the path to /usr/....whatever
in squid.conf before starting squid the first time. If you can't remember
how you did that, check the FAQ.

As for moving the existing cache, I have no idea - I would simply delete the
old one and let a new one build itself as you use it.

However, someone else on the list may know - you may notice that I've been
posting all my replies to the list, so that other people can both contribute
to and learn from the discussion.

Antony.

--
"It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most
intelligent, but the ones most responsive to change."