Re: [squid-users] Error in cache.log file

From: Antony Stone <Antony@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2003 11:40:08 +0000

On Sunday 16 November 2003 11:33 am, ads squid wrote:

> This is output of df
> *************
> Filesystem Used Available Use% Mounted on
> /dev/hda5 472375 7126 99% /
> /dev/hda1 9378 86492 10% /boot
> /dev/hda3 64220 9173968 1% /home
> none 0 111532 0% /dev/shm
> /dev/hda2 1236568 24046956 5% /usr
> /dev/hda6 127876 847684 14% /var
>
> I have created /cache directory in the partition where
> /root directory resides.

I hope you can see the problem then - the root file system is full (and it's
not a very big file system to have created a cache directory in anyway).

You must either move the cache directory to a file system (partition) which
has some spare capacity on it (/usr looks like a good choice to me) or else
delete/move some files from the root fs in order to leave enough space for
the cache files.

Antony.

--
There's no such thing as bad weather - only the wrong clothes.
 - Billy Connolly