Re: [squid-users] reverse ssl-proxy?

From: Antony Stone <Antony@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2003 21:09:47 +0000

On Tuesday 18 November 2003 7:42 pm, John Hally wrote:

> Hello Everyone,
>
> Is it possible to use squid as a reverse proxy to give access to intranet
> servers from remote clients?

Yes.

http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/FAQ/FAQ-20.html

> What I'd like to do is have clients use SSL from their browsers and hit a
> single host, which would then allow them access to intranet web resources.
> Kind of a poor-mans VPN. Has anyone attempted something similiar?

What are you trying to achieve here?

Restricted access to intranet resources? (In which case, where/how are you
authenticating people?)

Confidentiality across the Internet? (In which case, why not just use
simple HTTPS direct from client to server?)

Antony.

--
It suddenly dawns on the observer that there is no end to the creativity that
these mindless hackers can come up with.