RE: [squid-users] reverse ssl-proxy?

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 07:09:27 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 18 Nov 2003, John Hally wrote:

> It would be a proxy for multiple servers. I'm thinking something like 5-10
> web service servers. You wouldn't happen to have a sample config file,
> would you? I've looked through the docs and it looks like it gets complex
> pretty quickly. Do you think it would make sense to use Apache instead with
> mod_ssl and mod_rewrite?

The complexity is pretty much the same when using Apache. The complexity
comes from having to merge the URL namespace of all the web services into
one large virtual server from where the content of all the published
services are found.

mod_ssl == https_port in squid

mod_rewrite == redirector in squid

If the content can be adjusted for being published on the Internet via the
reverse proxy then things are not as complex.