Re: [squid-users] Errors. "is a subdomain of" and FD

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 07:42:28 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 19 Nov 2003, Jason Oakley wrote:

> Well. We stopped and started the squid server instead of HUPping it and no
> errors. Go figure.

Are you sure?

try "squid -k parse".

Problems detected while reading the config file on startup is only
reported on the console, and only if you use the "-N" flag. This is
because Squid does not know to report into cache.log before the
configuration file has been read as it is the configuration file which
tells Squid the path to the cache.log file..

Problem while reading the config file during reconfigure is reported in
cache.log.

> 2003/11/18 21:13:11| sslReadServer: FD 30: read failure: (131) Connection
> reset by peer

This can be found in the FAQ and in the squid-users arvhices. If you limit
the search to the constant parts of the error message then search engines
will give better hits.

  sslReadServer: read failure: Connection reset by peer