[squid-users] Problems with ACL's

From: Sridhar M.N. <sridmobile@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 15:11:03 -0800 (PST)

Hello all

I'm facing a problem with configuring squid to ONLY
allow some particular set of URL's for our quality
team. Was trying to get it working but could'nt get it
done. I have the ACL rules pasted here. Could I know
what exactly the problem is?

#Recommended minimum configuration:
acl net src 10.5.5.1-10.5.5.6
acl net1 src 10.5.5.9-10.5.5.128
acl net2 src 10.5.5.163
acl quality src 10.5.5.7-10.5.5.8
acl nonet src 10.5.5.129-10.5.5.162
acl nonet1 src 10.5.5.164-10.5.5.254
acl subnet src 10.5.7.1-10.5.7.2
acl all src 0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0
acl badsites url_regex "/etc/squid/badsites"
acl allowed dstdomain "/etc/squid/quality"
acl badwords url_regex -i jigsaw puzzle games
acl manager proto cache_object
acl localhost src 127.0.0.1/255.255.255.255
acl to_localhost dst 127.0.0.0/8
<snip> <snip>

#Default:
# http_access deny all
http_access deny badwords
http_access deny badsites
http_access allow net
http_access allow net1
http_access allow net2
http_access allow quality allowed
http_access allow subnet
http_access deny nonet1
http_access deny nonet
http_access allow all
http_access deny all
Here, I have defined an ACL with the name quality with
the argument as 10.5.5.8-10.5.5.9. Another ACL with
the name allowed with the argument, dstdomain
"/etc/squid/quality". In the quality file, I have
specified a couple of website URL's which the agents
can access.

In http_access, I have a rule http_access allow
quality allowed But the member's of quality team are
able to access all the websites. What exactly is going
wrong here? What changes do I need to make here?
Thanks a lot for your time and assistance. :)