[squid-users] wanting to save bandwidth

From: Payal Rathod <payal-squid@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 07:04:05 +0000

Hi,
My friend has a cybercafe with RH Linux installed which is the proxy
server and gateway for the rest of clients. She has got good b/w saving
when I suggested squid on it. It is just a vanilla installation of
squid. The bandwidth available is very costly here. It would be
great if you can share few tips on getting more from squid for the
bandwidth issue. Presently the machine is P-II, 128Mb RAM, 8Gb harddisk,
with cache_dir ufs 100 16 750 Mb. Adzap by cameron simson is included too.
There are around 15 client machine and each day the server is switched
on at 9:30 and switched off at 23:30
If you want any info, I can get in a day time.

Thanks in advance.
-Payal

--
For GNU/Linux Success Stories and Articles visit:
          http://payal.staticky.com