[squid-users] redirection, http->https, ssl_ports, partial error messages

From: Adam Atkinson <Adam.Atkinson@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2003 09:54:02 -0000

A user says he's getting the truncated error message

"The following error was encountered:=20

Access Denied.=20
Access control configuration prevents your reque"

when trying to visit a particular page. The url he uses
is http://hostname/ but gets redirected to https://hostname:port/

I've added the port to the SSL_ports line and this doesn't help.
The user's ip address is allowed to use my cache, so there isn't
really an acl issue here.

Is there something special in this scenario that I'm not seeing?

--
Adam Atkinson
The opinions expressed in this email may or may not coincide