[squid-users] maxconn acl setting??

From: Nikos Mouat <nikm@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2003 12:51:12 -0800 (PST)

Hello,
   We're having problems with http scanning viruses chewing up all the
free file handles on the cache (which is currently set to 4096).. we'd
like to implement a per client IP max connections along the lines of 100
or 150.. our current ACL's are like:

acl client_net1 src a.b.c.0/18
acl client_net2 src d.e.f.0/18
acl client_net3 src f.h.i.0/19
acl client_net4 src j.k.0.0/20
acl client_net5 src l.m.0.0/16

is it possible to add a maxconn such that any individual IPs within these
ranges are limitted to 100 or so connections, or does that apply to the
entire ACL?? I don't want to have to add each IP as its own ACL.

Or maybe I'm confused, how exactly does maxconn work??

Thanks!
-nm