Re: [squid-users] maxconn acl setting??

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2003 00:18:47 +0100 (CET)

On Fri, 21 Nov 2003, Nikos Mouat wrote:

> is it possible to add a maxconn such that any individual IPs within these
> ranges are limitted to 100 or so connections, or does that apply to the
> entire ACL??

You can combine maxconn with a src type acl to do pretty much anything you
like along the lines discussed.

acl limited_users_1 src ....
acl maxconn_users_1 maxconn 100
http_access deny limited_users_1 maxconn_users_1

acl limited_users_2 src ...
acl maxconn_users_2 maxconn 150
http_access deny limited_users_2 maxconn_users_2

etc for as many different maxconn levels you want to have..

> I don't want to have to add each IP as its own ACL.

You never need to do that. The src acl type takes a list of IPs, IP-ranges
and networks. If any matches the client IP then the acl is true.