Re: [squid-users] Squid CPU Performance

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2003 00:14:24 +0100 (CET)

Some notes:

a) Squid is a single process application and can not make use of SMP. If
you want to make Squid benefit from a SMP system you will need to run
multiple instances of Squid and find a way to distribute your users on the
different Squid instances just as if you had multiple Squid boxes.

b) Squid is the worst case application for RAID5 and will absolutely kill
the performance of a RAID5. RAID1 is fine, and so is separate drives.