[squid-users] (Help!) Web Cache logs from your campus/research institute networks?

From: Hyunchul Kim <hckim@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2003 10:07:17 +0900

Dear squiders,

this is Hyun-chul Kim, a graduate student in KAIST, Korea,
who would like to ask a favor to you ;
could we please get a set of access.log files of web cache servers
which is operating in your campus/research institute networks?

currently we're trying to define a bandwidth bottleneck problem
on a web cache server operating in a high-bandwidth network environment,
mainly caused by concurrent requests for large multimedia web objects.

until now, we've observed that the cache server deployed in our KAIST
campus network suffers from the problem, but to convince myself
and others that this is a common/general phoenamenon occuring in
high-bandwidth access networks, not just an aberrant case.

three or four days' web cache log files from a few campuses/institutes
would be fine and appreciated so much,
we promise that the collected traces will be used
my ourselves (KAIST SALab) only, for the research purposes only.

could anyone please do the favor for us, as soon as possible?
if there are any information that you need before making your decision,
please let us know it anytime.

thanks in advance.

Best Wishes,
Hyun-chul Kim