[squid-users] Squid IPCache v. BIND Caching-Only DNS

From: Cafe Admin <cafeadmin@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2003 20:39:52 -0500

Does any one know if there is any advantage to setting up a BIND
caching-only DNS server on my private network (not registered domain)? I
plan to have my squid box point to it instead of going directly to my ISP's
DNS servers.
I feel that IPCache in Squid serves the same purpose. i.e any DNS entry that
is expired in IPCache is also expired in BIND so DNS lookup will be done no
matter what. I'm looking for a better response time so I thought this would
help. Let me know if think (or know) BIND wouldn't make a difference. Thanks
in advance for your comments.