[squid-users] FTP from browser (Internet Explorer 6) with read-write-modify permission

From: Emilio Salgari <mustycy@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2003 13:05:52 +0100

Hi guys!

I have a problem with Squid 2.5 stable3.
I configured successfully almost everything in squid.conf, but there is
still one thing that doesn't work fine.

My users can access ftp servers using their browser (Internet Explorer) but
they can ONLY see directories, and see and download files.

When they access ftp servers (through squid), Internet Explorer tells them
that proxy server lets them ONLY read and download (no modification, no
writing and no upload).

In facts, without proxy, users can (with same Internet Explorer) download,
upload, rename, create, delete and modify files and directories without any
problem.

What tags should I change in squid.conf to obtain these things?
Or is it a problem with browsers options?
I want no limitation for my users when they access any ftp server.

Squid gurus, please help me!

I don't want to install an ftp proxy...

Thanks anyway.

Filtri antispamming e antivirus per la tua casella di posta
http://www.msn.it/msn/hotmail