RE: [squid-users] Streaming filtering/blocking

From: Mike McCall <mccall@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2003 08:18:24 -0700

Blocking extensions using a urlpath_regex ACL might do the trick better than
others. If you block .ram, .ra, .asf and .asx (these are just off the top
of my head - I'm sure there's a lot more to be found with a little research)
you should be able to stop a lot of streaming stuff. Of course, this will
also block streaming video with these extensions as well. Pair that up with
a list of domains that serve streaming media (like launch.yahoo.com and
windowsmedia.com) and you should stop most of what's out there.

If I remember correctly, here's what ours looks like to stop certain
downloads and streaming media:

acl extdeny urlpath_regex -i \.mp3$ \.wma$ \.mov$ \.mpg$ \.mpeg$ \.ram$
\.ra$ \.asx$ \.asf$
http_access deny extdeny

Hope this helps.

Mike