Re: [squid-users] agin Samba3 Win 2003 and Squid 2.5 stable4

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2003 10:42:12 +0100 (CET)

On Fri, 28 Nov 2003 Arno.STREULI@ca-indosuez.ch wrote:

> >As long as you have this Samba problem there is very slim chances
> >authentication via Samba will work properly.
>
> But the authetification with the challenge/response work is that not
> enougth ?

Well.. the other errors indicate something is seriously wrong with the
Samba connection to the domain. I would not trust that things work well.
NTLMSSP is using more of the domain than only challenge/response.

> >This is the same as the challenge/response test above..
>
> Since it say NT_STATUS_OK, I don't see where is the problem on this one
> !?!??

No there is no problem with this one, but at the same time it is not an
NTLMSSP authentication, just a plain NTLM exchange.