Re: [squid-users] Proxy Setup

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2003 10:39:07 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 27 Nov 2003, Mohammad Shakir wrote:

> If I use cache_peer like this in server1.
>
> cache_peer server2 parent 8080 3130
> cache_peer server3 sibling 8080 3130
> cache_peer server4 sibling 8080 3130
>
> Will it work for load balancing also ?

Depends on what you refer to by load balancing.. This will make server1
get cache hits from the server which answered first, and most cache misses
will be sent via server2.

If there never is any other traffic on server3/server4 there will never be
any cache on these and there will never be any cache hits to get from
them..

You could set up all three as round-robin parents. This is probably closer
to what you want.

Regards
HEnrik