[squid-users] assertion failed: StatHist.c:93

From: Marc Remy <mremy@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2003 11:10:21 +0100

Hi all,

I had this problem, and I found few people wo had the same on archive
list, but no answer. Just tips with gcc version, O2 flag, both were false.

I found the reason, and I post it here, even if it is not really squid
related.
I apologize if it is not the correct place.

So, I have a solaris, latest squid stable. But version doesn't mather.

This hapen wenn you don't have the "math.h" on your system (if you don't
have it on standart directoy, be sure that compiler look into this
directory, -I my_directory with gcc).
The configure script just write "math.h: no", but didn't stop nor complain.
To be honnest, it write so fast that I've seen it after solving the
problem...

On solaris, the math,h isn't in the standart include, but in SUNWlibm (I
guess it's another package for 64-bit, check it out !).
Use pkginfo to see if it is on your system...
I've installed this package and squid started fine!

Of course, this can hapen on any unix without math.h...
I didn't install our box, otherwise, I would have installed the full
distribution, and not have the problem ;-)

I hope it can be usefull for someone...

Regards,

Marc Remy