Re: [squid-users] three questions on performance and forward proxying

From: squiduser <squiduser@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2003 12:44:50 -0600 (CST)

20-50 http requests per second (our users shouldnt be doing much browsing
other than vendor and partner sites although we allow for occasional
personal use to news sites, banking, etc). I dont have enough data yet for
a good Mbps as I just built their firewall log analysis and reporting box
a few weeks ago. So I have enough data for a 'wag' based on a total
transfer of 780 MB/day.

The system is a P4 2.2 ghz with 1 GB ram and 3 7200 rpm disks. 1 disk for
the os, the other 2 for /var/log/squid (basically modified older Dell GX
240s that have been warehoused due to new systems being bought)

 thanks,

Greg