[squid-users] SQUID +Advanced Routing

From: <aaaa@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2003 15:17:12 -0500

Hello,

My name is Alexandra Alvarado, I have 2 squid 2.5STABLE4 proxies with Pentium
Xeon, 2.4 GHz, 2 MB RAM, 2 15000 GB hard disk for cache on each machine.

My router linux has 3 network cards, the eth0 card is for the internet access,
the eth1 card is for clients and the eth2 card is for servers; where my
transparent proxies are. The config that I have in the router linux is:

default metric 50
        nexthop via proxy1.xxx.xxx.xxx dev eth2 weight 1
        nexthop via proxy2.xxx.xxx.xxx dev eth2 weight 1

The first problem is when I start the squid inmediatly a get around 1000
conexion like this:

tcp 0 0 proxy2.xxx.xxx.xxx:48831 proxy2.xxx.xxx.xxx:48830 ESTABLISHED

I don't know why, Can somebody explain to me why?

The second problem is when I access to the internet to browse, sometimes I
have to refresh 2 times the page because de first time I get "Not found page"
and the second time I have success. I thought that was one of the proxies and
I installed both proxies again, without solving my problem; after I thought
was the DNS Servers and I installed the dns servers again, without solving my
problem. I dont' know what is?

I have around 130 http request/seconds

Please help!

Thanks