Re: [squid-users] three questions on performance and forward proxying

From: squiduser <squiduser@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2003 16:02:58 -0600 (CST)

Thanks for the information and fast response! Any info on my last few
questions?

--
Second, this proxy will not be talking to any other caches, it is behind
the company firewall and I think I turned it off correctly (I wont know
until I sniff the lab traffic).
Is there a faq entry I am missing on disabling this so I know I set it up
correctly? Ive went over the current faq a few times and dont see this.
Third (ok i counted and this is more than three questions), after this
system is baselined, the next phase will be to also
install Privoxy on the system. Is there a recommended order? ie should
privoxy hand-off to squid or vice-versa?
I read this faq entry
http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/FAQ/FAQ-4.html#ss4.9
but it says "First, you need to give Squid a parent cache. Second, you
need to tell Squid it can not connect directly to origin servers"
What about if Squid, SquidGuard and Privoxy are all on the same box? How
would the configuration be done?