RE: [squid-users] Multiple Squid servers

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 29 Nov 2003 05:23:01 +0100 (CET)

On Fri, 28 Nov 2003, Nimesh Shah wrote:

> Just curious, what do we mean when we say "mostly duplicated"
> below?

What it sounds like. The caches on both servers will become similar over
time because of their similar use, but not entirely identical as it is two
different servers each maintaining their own cache.

> Why/when not always? If we say not always in error
> conditions, would we ever have situation when two functioning
> caches may not have same cache in some specific scenarios? If,
> so when and are these fixable in live environment? how?

Why do you require a absolutely identical caches on both servers? Is it
not sufficient that both servers have good caches ensuring that you do
not loose cache hit ratio in case that one server goes down?