[squid-users] How to make squid serve cached pages even if Internet connection is unavailable?

From: Chris Wilcox <not_rich_yet@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 02 Dec 2003 17:14:54 +0000

Hi all,

I've done some google trawling on this and it appears that the current Squid
2.x release doesn't seem to support 'offline' browsing via the cache as well
as older versions did. Many sites mention a patch which allows a value to
be set in the squid.conf file which determines how Squid behaves if a
monitored network connection is unavailable.

If at all possible I'd really rather stick to the official squid release.
If I do this, can I acheive the ability to let users browse cached content
even if the origin server for this content is down? If so can anyone point
me in the right direction of where to look?

Thanks for any advice,

Regards,

nry

http://www.msn.co.uk/internetaccess