Re: [squid-users] Parent-sibling structure with squidGuard in the parent

From: José Gerez Morata <jgm@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2003 09:08:56 +0100

Henrik Nordstrom <hno@squid-cache.org> escribió el 02/12/2003 20:47:02:

> On Tue, 2 Dec 2003, José Gerez Morata wrote:
>
> > Now we have implemented 3 Windows box in regional offices and have
setup
> > squid in this boxes like siblings of central squid. This tree machines

> > haven't acces to Internet, so it requests all cache fails to the
central
> > one.
>
> See the Squid FAQ on how to use Squid within a firewall when doing
this..

We have no problems doing that. The childs (not the siblings, sorry for
the mistake in the fisrt message) caches requests all the cache fails to
the parent without problems.

> > We want to make content filtering only in the central squid because
there
> > aren't a squidGuard port to Windows.
> >
> > It's possible to do that?
>
> It is how it works in the setup you have described.

Maybe my message is not so clear in this point. We have squidGuard only in
the central squid, so if a client make a request to a child squid, this
cache make a request (o return the correct page from own cache) to the
parent, but with his IP address and have no limits with squidGuard,
resulting in a client succesfully getting pages limited.