Re: [squid-users] My first mail - FTP acess..

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2003 10:45:02 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 2 Dec 2003, System wrote:

> I am a newbie to linux and trying to configure squid. I have configured
> squid with following parameters and this wroks fine for me. How do I access
> ftp sites. I could not connect to ftp sites using this configuration.

If you configure your browser to use the Squid proxy for FTP then it
should work.

It won't work however for FTP clients as Squid is a HTTP, not a FTP proxy.
(yes, I know this is somewhat confusing that ftp works in browsers but
not in ftp clients, but it is a fact).

If you want FTP access using FTP clients then you need a FTP proxy such as
FROX <url:http://frox.sorceforge.net/>. The FTP proxy can run on the same
server as Squid.