[squid-users] Squid Peer Configuration

From: Sambhara Ravi <Sambhara.Ravi@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2003 18:11:39 -0000

Hi Henrik,

I am trying to configure squid for parent-sibling caches, such that every
request hits the parent and sibling cache in round-robin fashion.

I have two squid.conf files. Say squidparent.conf and squidsibling.conf

Each of them has

      cache_peer mymachine.domain.com parent <parent_httpcache_port> 3130
round_robin

      cache_peer mymachine.domain.com sibling <sibling_httpcache_port> 3130
round_robin

I have created a separate swap directories with each squid.conf and started
both the instances of the squid.

When I fire the requests to child and parent, the requests shows that it is
not getting from cache. Could you tell me if there is any other
configuration required?

Is it possible to have parent and sibling caches to be on the same machine?

Regards,

Ravi