Re: [squid-users] Should know this but..

From: Peter Albrecht <pa@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2003 13:23:14 +0100

Hi Manfred,

> I have inherited a Suse Linux box, which I am trying to install the latest
Squid on. But, having no idea about Suse Linux, I am stumped by not having a
cc compiler. I downloaded gcc but that needs a cc compiler too.

> Please put me out of my misery and tell me what to do. I know this has
nothing to do with Squid directly but...

start the SUSE configuration tool YaST and select "Software Installation".
Then search for "gcc" and YaST will install it (and everything else what is
needed). Just have your installation source (CDs, DVD, network) available. If
you have any problems, you can mail me directly (not the squid list). I guess
I can help you. :-)

Regards,

Peter

--