Re: [squid-users] squidGuard and Proxy forwarding

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 7 Dec 2003 18:09:57 +0100 (CET)

On Sat, 6 Dec 2003, Cyril COUPEL wrote:

> Just to be more clear, here is how squid seems to work:
>
> - the URL is sent to squid,
> - squid send the URL to squidGuard (for the ACLs)
> - squidGuard sebd back to squid the URL, or a redirected page or a deny
> access
> - Then squid always send the original URL to the parent proxy
> (netscape)

I just verified using Squid-2.5.STABLE here, and from what I can tell both
browser redirects and URL rewrites works just fine in precense of parents
just as when going direct.

Browser redirect -> Squid responds with a browser redirect to the client
no matter if a parent is configured or not.

URL rewrite -> Squid contacts the new URL or forwards the new URL to the
parent.

> for testing purpose, I replaced squidGuard by my own script, which send
> to syslog all received request and always send back to squid an fixed
> URL. In that case, I can see that squid realy send a request to my
> script, but send to netscape the original URL (not the from-my-script
> URL)

Not here. What was sent to the parent defenitely was the URL returned by
the redirector and not the original URL.

What version of Squid are you using?

Any third-party patches applied?