[squid-users] Need some advice :)

From: Stephan Viljoen <steph@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2003 13:43:41 +0200

Hi There,

I would like to get some general advice with a problem I have. I need to
implement a proxy server on my network but the layout off my network
makes it kind off difficult. Reasons for that are that each user is
guaranteed a 16Kbps of bandwidth for each 128KpbsI sell. Now if I use a
proxy server, the server will go and do the request as the proxy server
and not as the client which means my proxy server uses bandwidth and the
user is not penalized for it. Is there some way to tell the squid proxy
server to do the request as the clients IP address or something so that
the bandwidth being used for the request is the client bandwidth and not
the proxy server?

You're input would be greatly appreciated.

Network Diagram.

                 ------------
                 | Internet |
                 ------------

------------------------------------- This is a Gateway for all my users
and
| Firewall/Gateway for Masquerading | it's doing all the routing on my

        --------------------- Bandwidth gets managed here per IP based.
           | Bandwidth Manager |

                  ---------
                  | Users |