Re: [squid-users] Need some advice :)

From: MUTHUKUMAR KANDASAMY <kmuthu_gct@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2003 17:34:53 +0530

Reasons for that are that each user is
guaranteed a 16Kbps of bandwidth for each 128KpbsI sell. Now if I use a
proxy server, the server will go and do the request as the proxy server
and not as the client which means my proxy server uses bandwidth and the
user is not penalized for it.

Hai,

For this use the Delay pools to manage the clients bandwidh.
Enable the delaypool option on the squid configuration and using the ACL to
the individual setting by
specifying the minimum and ceiling bandwidth that needs to be allocated for
individual and
the total bandwidth to all the users as governed .

http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/FAQ/FAQ-19.html#ss19.8 check this for Delay
pools.
http://www.pcquest.com/content/linux/103080904.asp -- Bandwidh management on
Squid