Re: [squid-users] Squid versus Microsoft ISA

From: Kinkie <kinkie-squid@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 09 Dec 2003 10:17:34 +0100

"Raphael Maseko" <ralph@zamnet.zm> writes:

> Hi Carols,
> Have you been able to determine that Squid is actually making use of both
> processors? Do you have other applications running on the same box?

[...]

Just run more than one squid process per box.

BTW: in my setup, I have noticed one very annoying thing about ISA: since
it's an "one size fits all" system, it REQUIRES to be configured like a
firewall even if you just use it as a proxy. This means two NICs on
different networks, local address table and the like.
In a complex environment, it's a pain.

--
	kinkie (kinkie-squid [at] kinkie [dot] it)
	Random fortune, unrelated to the message: