[squid-users] Authenticate to Intranet

From: <jburzenski@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2003 10:43:41 -0500

All,

I have recently setup a squid proxy and am having trouble dealing with
connections to a local intranet. Im running Squid 2.5STABLE1 and ie 6.0 is
my browser.

The intranet page uses NT credentials to automatically authenticate the
user. I enabled the always_direct option for the local servers but it looks
like this does not do what I expected it to do (always_direct means never
cache? My proxy is still in the middle of the connection). Is there
another option I can enable to pass the credentials through seemlessly or
even an option to tell the browser to connect to the intranet directly and
bypass the proxy (without having to configure this options on the client
side)?

What is the best practice for this situation? Any help would be
appreciated.

Jason