RE: [squid-users] Zero Sized Reply [attn: long post]

From: Trevor <trevor@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2003 14:51:36 -0700

Problem solved.

Below is the steps that I followed:

I went to this website (who also claimed to have similar problems):
http://mis-helpdesk.eq.edu.au/redhat.htm

From the MIS-Helpdesk Site: "A zero sized reply can be returned for sites
that have complex urls or require the use of cookies (Eg. hotmail and yahoo
webmail sites). In order to prevent this from occurring a new version of
squid will have to be installed which has a patch to alter the requests
squid makes."

I downloaded and installed the squid-2.5.STABLE3-20030613.3.i386.rpm,
adjusted the number of dnsservers in the squid.conf file, and symlinked the
files in /etc/squid/error to English.

Went to hotmail and successfully logged in. This appears to also work for
mapquest.com. I have yet to test yahoo mail but I presume that any patch
that was added fixed the complex url/cookies problem I was having with
squid. There was no additional changes required on the client site.

If anybody has any additional questions, I would be happy to assist.

Regards,
Trevor.