Re: [squid-users] Auth q

From: Muthukumar <kmuthu_gct@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2003 19:47:57 +0530

Is there any way I can run authentication based on passwords AND
user's IP address?

Yes, You can do that authentication based on passwords and user's IP address
using the LDAP support on Squid.

I would like to have user "someuser" authenticated by
"somepassword" who is logged in from "someip".
I hope you understand what I want to do.

Check this out for the Squid for LDAP authentication
http://www.novell.com/coolsolutions/nds/features/trenches/tr_linux_authentic
ation_edir.html
http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc2307.html
Squid supports either PAM (and thus ldap via pam_ldap) or an authentication
daemon like ldap_auth
(which is what we use)

Regards,
Muthukumar.