Re: [squid-users] ntlm_auth prompts for domain login

From: Dave Augustus <davea@dont-contact.us>
Date: 10 Dec 2003 08:22:51 -0600

Hi Jim,

I would check:

1) can you authenticate from the squid box itself, for a given user,
using wbinfo -a ?

2) for Active Directory integration, I had to rebuild Samba3 using
kerberos 1.3.1. Redhat 9 installs with 1.2.7 which seemed to provide
inconsistent results. I don't know if this applies for you.

3) What does wbinfo -t, wbinfo -u wbinfo -g return? All three should
work. (I had a situation where -u/-g would work but not -t. Upgrading to
kerberos 1.3.1 and recompiling Samba3 fixed it.)

3) in squid.conf, are you using NT groups in Squid ACLs to allow access?
If so those groups must exist on the PDC/AD.

4) is the client a member of the same domain as the squid box?

--Dave