[squid-users] ntlm_auth prompts for domain login

From: Jim Crippen <jcrippen@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2003 07:11:39 -0600

Hi all,

I am running into a problem with squid 2.5 STABLE4 using ntlm_auth. I have
successfully set this up on a test server with no issues and everything
works transparently. I copied all the configs and set up samba and squid
exactly as I did before on the production server and now IE 6.0 is prompting
for a domain login, which doesn't accept it if you enter the
username/password/domain. On clicking the Cancel button, I get a page the
states Cache Access Denied, and in the cache.log I see where the
authentication returned NT_ACCESS_DENIED from the domain controller. Any
ideas on what might cause this? Both servers are RedHat 7.3, Samba 3.0.0,
Squid 2-5STABLE4.

Thanks,

Jim Crippen
Sr LAN Administrator