[squid-users] Squid2.4 supports persistent connection, but why Squid2.5 or Squid3.0 not.

From: <sun@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2003 14:29:15 -0800

I made a test client to open a TCP connection to Squid and to send requests
to a server through Squid2.5 or 3.0 with format "POST / HTTP1.1",
"Proxy-Connectiion: keep-alive" and "Connection: kee-alive". The Squid keeps
the TCP connection between client and itself, Squid also keep connection
between itself and the server, but in same time it also open a new
connection between Squid and server for each request, and leave previous
connections until timeout. I don't think the behave of Squid2.5 or 3.0 is
correct. Squid2.4 pass each request in one TCP connection when client and
server side tell Squid2.4 need a persistent connectiion.

Could you let me know how Squid2.5 or 3.0 can keep a TCP connection to allow
client and server send requests and responses in one TCP connection?

Thanks,
Chi Sun