Re: [squid-users] Squid2.4 supports persistent connection, but why Squid2.5 or Squid3.0 not.

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2003 10:06:11 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 10 Dec 2003 sun@rty.co.jp wrote:

> Could you let me know how Squid2.5 or 3.0 can keep a TCP connection to allow
> client and server send requests and responses in one TCP connection?

Works here...

But please remember that Squid is a proxy and persistent connections are a
hop-by-hop feature of HTTP. There is no guarantee that the next client
request will be forwarded to the same server connection. Squid simply
selects the best connection to use for forwarding the request.

Ah, now I realise what your problem is. You are looking at the POST
method. Due to complications on non-indempotent requests in case of
server-side timeouts of persistent connections Squid-2.5.STABLE2 and later
does not use persistent connections for POST or other "non-indempotent"
requests This is also strongly recommended in the HTTP/1.1 specifications
for the same reasons.
<url:http://www.squid-cache.org/Versions/v2/2.5/bugs/#squid-2.5.STABLE1-indempotent>.