Re: [squid-users] Download Time - Out with large files

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2003 10:22:09 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 11 Dec 2003, Maurer Roland MKG-Bank wrote:

> I get timeouts from the clients by downloading large files (greater than 25
> MB).

Works here..

Are you using any virus scanner or the like which may delay the download?

> Do naybody Know which parameter I must turn, to
>
> - get a longer Timeperiode to wait.

Depends on why there is a timeout. There should not be a timeout with the
default settings.

If you have set client_lifetime very short then this may time out long
requests.

> - bypass the cache for a non - caching download.

Hard. To do this your browser needs to know before the request is sent if
it is a download or not, and you then need to teach your .pac script to
use this to tell the browser when a proxy should be used or not.