[squid-users] Questions about exploit blocking

From: Eric Geater 11/26/03 <egeater@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2003 08:35:07 -0600

I noticed the post from DB earlier this week regarding the IE exploit,
and I became intrigued.

First off, which exploit are we talking about? Microsoft enumerates
them for reference, so I am confused which one this stops (or blocks).

Second, I'm very interested to know that an ACL can be created to block
an exploit, but the line described was incredibly simple ("\%01\" or
something like that). What exactly is being blocked in such a small
line?

Thanks. I don't mind adding things to my ACLs, but I'd love to know what
I'm doing in the process. And if I totally got the context wrong, you
guys can beat me up.

Eric Geater
Network Administrator
MSCO, Inc.