Re: [squid-users] squid 2.5 and wccp

From: Alexander Harkenthal <aharkenthal@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2003 13:41:32 +0100

Hello Henrik,

> > and thatswhy the kernel does NOT catch and decapsulate the incoming
> > packets before passing them to Squid when I turned on the wccp version
> > 2 on the router.
>
> Do you see the decapsulated packets anywhere?

This hint help a lot. Thanks tcpdump, iptables logging and this hint. I
found out that the problem was neither the squid nor the kernel. A route
was missing on the linux server (squid) to send the reply to the client
network. I placed the squid in the internet as well as the router but the
clients come with private IP addresses.

At the end it works perfectly.

Alexander