RE: [squid-users] cache_dir doesent grow to given size

From: Elsen Marc <elsen@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2003 16:17:44 +0100

>Hi all
>this is my cache_dir line in squid.conf
>cache_dir ufs /cache 3500 16 256

>but df max shows my /cache to 3002100 it never grows beyond this

>googling gave me an idea that i have to increase the ttl(time to live ).but i cant go to >the exact tag i am supposed to change in squid.conf.
>Hope some one can help
>Regards,
>Babar Haq

  From squid.conf(.default) :
  ---------------------------

# TAG: cache_swap_low (percent, 0-100)
# TAG: cache_swap_high (percent, 0-100)
#
# The low- and high-water marks for cache object replacement.
# Replacement begins when the swap (disk) usage is above the
# low-water mark and attempts to maintain utilization near the
# low-water mark. As swap utilization gets close to high-water
# mark object eviction becomes more aggressive. If utilization is
# close to the low-water mark less replacement is done each time.
#
# Defaults are 90% and 95%. If you have a large cache, 5% could be
# hundreds of MB. If this is the case you may wish to set these
# numbers closer together.
#
#Default:
# cache_swap_low 90