Re: [squid-users] Size Of Download Control

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2003 11:58:31 +0100 (CET)

On Sat, 13 Dec 2003, OTR Comm wrote:

> Does squid record or know about the size (in bytes) of each GET? If
> not, is there any way to get this info from the Web Server?

The size of the response is logged in access.log.

> If so, what structure does it use to record this info? I want to pass
> the size of each GET to a modified verion of squidGuard so I can do some
> quota checking!

You can't do accounting of responses in redirectors. The size of the
response is only known when having read the response.

If you are talking about the request size or the request sent by the
client to the server then there is plans on extending the access log
capabilities of Squid to allow inclusion of this in the access log, but
implementation is not finished (and no timeplan for this today).