Re: [squid-users] Size Of Download Control

From: WA Support <support@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2003 10:00:32 -0700

> You can't do accounting of responses in redirectors. The size of the
> response is only known when having read the response.

But, squid does know the size of the response from the server and
records this in the access.log. So, what is the variable that squid
stores the response size in? Or what squid module writes to the
access.log, and I can track the variable down with some debugging hooks.

Once I know the variable name that squid user to hold the response size
in, I can take care of passing this to the redirector.

> If you are talking about the request size or the request sent by the
> client to the server then there is plans on extending the access log
> capabilities of Squid to allow inclusion of this in the access log, but
> implementation is not finished (and no timeplan for this today).

I guess I do not understand what you are saying here. I didn't know
that the client knew anything about size; I just thought that the server
returned a size for each GET requested by the client.

Thanks,

Murrah Boswell