[squid-users] Getting squid 3.4.stable3 working with https://

From: Rainer Hantsch <rainer@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2003 18:29:39 +0100 (CET)

Hello!

Sorry to ask here the possibly most often question again, but I just joined
this list a few minutes ago.

I completely stuck in configuring SQUID correctly in a network environment and
meanwhile I reached the end of my knowledge.
Please, be so kind and help, I must get this working urgently.

Thanks for your kindness in advance.

What do I have:
---------------
I have a SuSE 8.0 based server with squid_2.4.stable 3 installed. The server
has three NICs; two for different (independent) LANs, the third goes to the
Internet.
Because all Windows clients spreaded viruses as long as I had masquerading and
IP-forwarding activated, I had to disable this feature and install squid to
give WEB access. I use original SuSE Firewall2 configuration and nothing
special.

Problem:
--------
After adding somewhere a line "http_access allow all", I basically got Squid
working. Now users are able to access normal http:// pages with no problems,
but when they want to access https:// pages, this does not work. A message,
that the host could not be fornd or reached (or something like this) is
displayed instead.

If somebody want to have a look on the current "squid.conf", I placed it on my
web server here: --> http://www.hantsch.co.at/_temp/av-squid.conf

I am sure that the problem is only based on a minor mis-configuration, but I
have neither enough knowledge to find it out by myself, nor the possibility
to play around with the trial and error method for a long time.

Please -- be so kind and help.

If somebody can tell me what to change in the above file, or leave me a
working file, I will highly appreciate this.

mfg

  Rainer Hantsch