[squid-users] Squid Auth or ACL suggestion ?

From: Myongki Kim <hanwool@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2003 14:33:51 +0900

Hi. I'm trying Internet Access Account system.

In short,

PC(static IP) -> (Transparent Proxy : Squid) -> Router -> Internet / Billing
page
                        Billing DB

1. If unauthorized user access internet, Squid redirect Billing page. (
Squid.conf redirect_program )
2. User's browser redirect billing page, and submit info. Billing info
stored billing DB (daily or 30 minute fee).
3. User browse any other site.

Question.
I want to use Squid.conf authenricate_program. but everytime user access
internet, must check DB. I think that this is too heavy.
Is any other good solution ? In example, authenticator using user's billing
info (expire time, ip) or similiar.

Can radius server do it?

thank you.