[squid-users] incomplete page cached / delayed

From: Henrik Steffen <steffen@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2003 08:47:02 +0100

hi all,

I am using squid as an accelerating proxy.

Sometimes, I encounter a strange delay, which you can right now
see if you click this link:

http://city-map.de/city/db/010101010000/1/391/Hotels.html

this page will not completely be loaded.

if you add a quotation-mark at the end
http://city-map.de/city/db/010101010000/1/391/Hotels.html?

you will get the whole page.

Unfortunately, I can not even force a reload of the page by issuing
a super-reload. It always hangs.

Why does this happen?
What can I do against it?

The page is configured to expire after approx 24 hours. If the page
fails to load for 24 hours this would be terrible! I have discovered
this with different pages sometimes. The only thing I knew to help me
so far was to restart squid....

is there a way to delete a single page from the cache?

Even if I try a
GET http://city-map.de/city/db/010101010000/1/391/Hotels.html -H
"cache-control: no-cache"
the page hangs.