Re: [squid-users] NTLM and Windows 2003 server.

From: Kinkie <kinkie-squid@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2003 23:20:51 +0100

"Joao Coutinho" <jocoutinho@hotmail.com> writes:

> Hi all,
>
> I have Squid 2.5.STABLE3 with Winbind (samba 2.2.8a). Ntlm authentication
> is working fine in all Win98, W2k and XP workstations and servers.
> Last week I installed a new Windows 2003 server and when I try to enter any
> site, a "Page could not be displayed" page appears with DNS error.
> Does anybody else had the same problem?

By default Microsoft Windows 2003 Server (R) only uses NTLMv2, which
currently squid doesn't support correctly. There must be some setting
somewhere enabling the older NTLMv1 dialect.
We're (very slowly unfortunately) working with the Samba team to provide
NTLMv2 functionality to squid.

--
	kinkie (kinkie-squid [at] kinkie [dot] it)
	Random fortune, unrelated to the message: