Re: [squid-users] Mulitple src groups

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2003 23:59:41 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 22 Dec 2003, John Yatsko Jr. wrote:

> In squid.conf I have the following lines:
>
> acl myclients src 10.0.0.0/255.0.0.0
> acl badclients src 10.0.1.31 10.0.10.3 10.0.10.4 10.0.10.5
> http_access deny badclients
> http_access allow myclients
> http_access deny all
>
> In what relation do these acl's have with squidguard? None?

None.

> Basically, I'm trying to set up 3 groups. One group that will be denied all
> access (which I've done through squid, maybe I don't need to do it in
> squidGuard), one group that will deny access to adult sites, and one group
> that will only be allowed to access whitelist sites.

If you want SquidGuard to make this distinction then you need to define
these within your squidguard configuration. The SquidGuard documentation
is farily clear on how this is done if my memory is correct.

What you can do in Squid is to select who will be sent to SquidGuard. This
is done via the redirector_access directive.